Founded in 1978 and located in our own brightly renovated former Municipal Building, Mind-Builders Creative Arts Center in the Northeast Bronx is seeking a full time Executive Director with a background of successful fundraising, team management, youth development and community arts/education programming that contribute to making a positive, lifelong impact on young people in partnership with the community.
Lead this dedicated and collaborative team in the nurturing, family-oriented learning environment that promotes the power, beauty and potential of our predominantly African American, Caribbean, Latino and African youth and families, including growing numbers from Middle-Eastern cultures too. The general salary range is $145K to $165K plus - with up to two remote workdays available for use weekly. The compensation package includes medical, dental, vacation, personal and 401K benefits etc.
Close to 700 children, teens and adults attend classes weekly with the majority being children of beginner through advanced levels of dance, music, voice, theater, folk culture research, visual arts, martial arts, fitness instruction, PreK, and more; 10 full-time staff/program managers; 2 Assistant Executive Directors; 35 part-time professional teaching artists/support staff, a part time counselor, and family/community volunteers.
- Masters degree is preferred. (Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with advanced training and all equivalent experience required).
- 5+ years' experience demonstrating successful organizational management, fundraising skills, supervision of a significant number of staff and budget oversight for innovative youth development, arts, and/or community education goals.
- A background of experience in or affinity for forms of professional arts and culture is key, especially including those representative of the community's youth, families and/or other peoples of the African Diaspora.
*Qualified applicants please submit both a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and also to email@example.com. Some Saturdays, professional references and a background check are required.
Mind-Builders is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, veteran status or otherwise. The mission of Mind-Builders Creative Arts Center is to inspire the growth of youth, families and the community through quality arts and education programs. Join us!
YOUTH AND FAMILY COUNSELOR
Experienced part-time counselor is sought with background of individual counseling with inner city children to provide mental health support to participants and their families. Salary range offered is $65 - $100/hour and aligned with extent of experience and background. Bi-weekly clinical supervision is provided.
Mind-Builders Creative Arts Center in the Northeast Bronx conducts nationally recognized programs dedicated to youth, while pioneering innovative ways of using the arts as a tool for healthy youth development, community empowerment, creative self-expression, and healing. Join the warm and committed team working in our bright, newly renovated facility that is also close to public transportation.
Responsibilities: 20 hours per week (flexibility on days – preferably Wednesdays & Fridays)
- Provide creative and transformative individual, group, and family therapy to participants and their families
- Group therapy and facilitation skills including team building exercises that are fun and engaging, as well as thought-provoking processing questions to help teens reflect and develop insight
- Provide mental health consultation to staff and teachers to meet the needs of the students
- Development and facilitation of Youth Council, a leadership group of Mind-Builders students who will advise, plan and execute events and activities
- Support of monthly “Freestyle Friday” teen social nights
- Ability to create positive therapeutic relationships with teens
- Facilitate monthly parent workshops on various topics
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation
- Facilitate referrals for additional support services as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum two years of successful experience working with inner-city teens and their families in individual, group and family modalities.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred or extensive background in trauma-informed care and practice
- Master of Social Work required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Self-directed, problem-solver and ability to multi-task is a plus
- Art therapy experience welcome!
FULL-TIME BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ASSISTANT REGISTAR
Mind-Builders Creative Arts Center is seeking an experienced bilingual Administrative Assistant to work afternoons and evenings Tuesday – Friday and a full day on Saturday.
Work Schedule: Tues-Fri 12:30-8:30pm; Saturday 9am-5pm
- Manage reception area, including answering phones, monitoring students/teachers arrival, and managing deliveries.
- Assist families with registration, input registrations into database, input and monitor student attendance, work with Enrollment Coordinator to manage student enrollment.
- Parent outreach by phone and e-mail in both English and Spanish
- Type letters, process and input student/parent surveys, filing, and other office duties as needed.
- Assist with mailings and other outreach tasks.
- Provide bi-lingual support to program staff as needed, including brief written translations, translating for parents, phone outreach to parents, etc.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bilingual Spanish/English (written and spoken) required.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and communication skills.
- Organized, flexible, use time efficiently.
- Bring a positive spirit to your work.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in busy office environment.
- Minimum A.A. degree, B.A. preferred.
Full-time Salary range is $45,000-$52,000 depending on experience.
Send cover letter and resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Mind-Builders is currently limiting the number of people on-site in the building. If you are interested in a in a remote or hybrid internship, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-652-6256 from Tuesday - Friday between the hours of 10:00am - 4:00pm and leave a message with the receptionist. We will return your call.